Friday, June 26, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award


What an honor, I've just been nominated for my first award, the Kreativ Blogger Award. I've seen others earn awards and never thought I was in the same caliber, but Rachael thought I was deserving! Thanks for your nomination and your true friendship, Rachael!

The Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.

7 things about myself...

1. I spent 3 months in the Czech Republic before graduating college teaching English to students with Josiah Venture. In a roundabout way, this is how my husband and I met!

2. In college, I won a real diamond working as a concierge at the Hyatt Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale. I made it into a plain necklace, but I want to do something more unique with it now. Any ideas?

3. One of the ways that I paid for my college was being nominated to the 2000-2001 Fiesta Bowl Queen & Court. I made some great friends from the experience and was given opportunities that I'll remember forever!

4. My daughter, Kylie, was born 5 1/2 weeks early, technically a preemie. I praise God that she was healthy and had no issues, but we were definitely not prepared for her grand entrance so soon! At only 5 lbs 8 oz, I don't believe it when I see how little that is.

5. We've just begun the long process of adopting a newborn baby from Arizona through Christian Family Care Agency. I started volunteering with them about 6 years ago with my Grandmother and I never thought I would actually utilize their services until this past year. Isn't it cool to see how there are no coincidences in life - just "God-instances"!

6. I love to organize! Give me a stack of anything and I will put it in order for you. Currently I'm working on organizing all my mom's photos from the time I was born. That's 30 years worth of photos that I'm trying to put in chronological order based on hairstyles - yikes!

7. I have the biggest sweet tooth! It could be chewy, chocolaty, salty, sour, cold, or hot, if there is sugar in it, I'm in love. Earlier this year, I tried a new diet for my Crohn's Disease that eliminated all sugars except honey & fruit. It was one of the hardest things I tried to do. Once the doctors told me it was very unlikely that the diet would work, I went straight to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and had a slice of scrumptious Blueberry Cheesecake for dessert! This girl has to have her sweets!

7 Kreativ Blog Nominations:

1. Jen @ A Thrifty Home

2. Kelly @ Kelly's Korner

3. Julie @ Juju's Tutus

4. Erin @ Erin Mcfarland Photography

5. Shauna @ Poor Pitiful Pearl

6. MckMama @ My Charming Kids

7. Amanda @ Imperfectly Beautiful

1 comment:

Kelly’s Korner said...

Thanks Becca - you are so sweet! I liked reading your facts and you have a great blog!!!
Thanks for the very nice award!!!