Friday, June 26, 2009

It's Official - Adoption Process Part 1

Yesterday morning was a huge step for our family.

For the past month, we've been working on a huge packet of personal questions, getting fingerprints, taking tests, and then more, all in preparation to turn in adoption paperwork! That's right, we desperately want more children in our home to love on and this is the way the Lord is directing our path right now.

Because of my struggle with Crohn's Disease and the new drugs that I've been taking, getting pregnant is out of the question for us right now. This hopefully isn't forever, but as long as I'm on these drugs, it's a definite!

We are pursuing a domestic adoption with Christian Family Care Agency and we couldn't be more thrilled with the agency and our caseworker! It's such a blessing to work with people who strongly desire to see this process work for each family that comes thru its doors, and the services they provide for birth-moms is wonderful. We are open to a girl or boy, as long as they are healthy! We are in the infant adoption program which means that we will bring our child home from the hospital. I love the newborn stage and I'm so excited to get to experience this with our next child like I did with Kylie!

I started volunteering with CFCA about 6 years ago when my Grandma asked me to participate in their spring luncheon fashion show. I fell in love with the staff and volunteers and I've had a special place in my heart for CFCA since then. But, never in my dreams did I imagine that our family would be working with the agency on this side of it's doors, but we couldn't be more excited!

We start mandatory classes in July and finish in August. At that time, we will be put into the "matchbook" that birth-moms look through to find the perfect forever family for their child. We've already started praying for our birth mom and her child, where-ever and who-ever they are! I know that it's going to be a huge challenge for me to be patient in this process, but I also know that the Lord will give our family everything it needs at the appropriate time.

Thanks for your encouragement & prayers, and I'll be sure to update you as the process progresses. We look forward to starting this phase of our life and we look forward to the awesome things that God has in store for our family!

2 comments:

Juli said...

I will pray for you and your family as you come to mind. This is an huge, exciting step. I hope the next steps aren't too far apart!

It was nice meeting you at the circus. We all enjoyed ourselves and appreciated the free night! Well, we did splurge on overpriced snow cones and ice cream, but it added to the overall fun of the night. My kids were even appalled at the price, which I thought was kind of funny, but I'm glad they know a rip off when they see it. :-)

Take care!

Juli

Jen said...

Thanks for the nomination, I love your blog! Can I just say ditto to #'s 6 & 7? My 1st was almost a preemie being born 4 weeks early, luckily he was a healthy 6 lbs. 4 oz.

I really do love your blog and plan on stopping by frequently now. Good luck on adopting, keep us posted!