Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Celebration

One of my favorite things about being a parent is getting to see life through the eyes of a child. It has brought a new excitement to some of the most normal things in life and I have a deeper appreciation for experiences because of my daughter. I am so blessed and I try to thank the Lord for allowing me to be a parent every night as I go to bed.

Easter was no exception!

Kylie is almost 3 and seems to understand things well beyond her age, so I'm constantly finding myself trying to balance communication with her. I want her to understand the meaning of things because I think she has the ability to, yet I don't want to confuse her either.

Easter is one of those holidays that we can't fully understand the complexity of unless you understand the full story starting on Good Friday. I pray that we are instilling in her a love for the Lord and I hope that she will come to fully understand what that means for her personally. In the meantime, we rejoiced on Easter morning with a wonderful church service and a day full of family and tradition. Although I don't really know where the easter bunny came from and why we do egg hunts, it's fun for a child to participate in. And what a blessing to understand how much God loves us and to have a day to celebrate that alone!
Lilly, Molly, & Kylie

Mom's Crazy!

Great Grandpa Peter & Grandma Gayle

Uncle Brian & Aunt Susan

Our Family

Grandma Karen & Great Grandma Doris

Check out my new shoes from the Easter Bunny's helper, Uncle Brian



Daddy's so silly!

No comments: