Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Disney on Ice


If you recall, a few weeks back, I had the opportunity to offer my readers discount tickets to Disney on Ice presented by Feld Entertainment & MomCentral. In addition to the great package discount, my family was lucky enough to be asked to attend the event and a pre-show meet & greet with some of the characters! Initially, I had to really think about saying yes because the last event I took Kylie to, she was 2 and a half and in my opinion was simply too young to appreciate it. I made the decision to not take her to anything else until I really thought she was old enough to enjoy it and want to be there. I'm not sure exactly what that age was, but for her it was older than 2!

(It's hard to find that line as a parent between entertaining your children and being entertained by them!)

After our experience at Disney on Ice, I can honestly say that 3 is the perfect age for Kylie to start attending events like this. It was such a great experience and I think we adults enjoyed it just as much as she did! The show started later than Kylie's bedtime, but I prayed that she would be so enthusiastic about Mickey & Minnie & Buzz Lightyear that she would stay awake, and SHE DID! Not only was she awake, but I can't remember a time that she was so excited that she couldn't take her eyes off what she was watching! She's at the age where she is recognizing characters and movies & princesses, so Disney on Ice was perfect for her!

In a nutshell, the family from Disney's The Incredibles took a trip to Disneyland and ended up having to save Mickey & Minnie Mouse from the villain, Syndrome. They end up on exciting and zainy adventures in the various Disneyland rides such as Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, the Tea Cups, and more! The storyline was engaging, the ice skating was action packed and the characters were everything you can expect from Disney! And lucky for us, we are headed to Disneyland for the first time this weekend so timing could not have been any more perfect! Now, Kylie has at least some exposure to what she will see at Disneyland and the characters walking around and the rides.

I couldn't have been any more thrilled with our experience and I would be proud to recommend anyone to go see this show. It was well worth our time and the money and I can't wait to take Kylie to more activities like this. The famous Ringling Brothers Zing Zang Zoom Circus is coming to Phoenix in June and I know this will be another event that we will definitely be attending with Kylie. She has been a huge fan of animals since before she could talk so I know the circus will be a tremendous experience for her!

And stay tuned, I might have another discount or tickets to pass along to readers so that your family can have as much fun as we did! I've posted a few pictures for you to see all our fun!




No comments: