Sunday, April 17, 2011

Catching Up...

When I began blogging almost 4 years ago, I was so excited about the idea of documenting every part of our life like a scrapbook.  I love the idea of being creative and thoughtful - the kind of mom that remembers every milestone of her kids lives and records the daily happenings of a young family.  I read other mommy blogs that share about their life and I'm encouraged to hear that someone else is in my similar shoes, or that someone could encourage me in my walk with the Lord.  In fact, oftentimes while I'm lying in bed or driving around town in my car, I think up great ideas for posts...  

Unfortunately the reality of life is I simply can't find the time to do as much as I would like and that definitely includes blogging.  I see projects I would like to replicate and craft activities that would be fun and recipies that I might be able to pull off if I actually tried.  But at the end of the day when there are no hours left and my health depends on my sleep, I shut down my computer and go to bed and hope I get to sit back down to it sometime the next day.  It's then that I get the chance to realize all the amazing opportunities that I have in my life and realize all time I get to spend with my kids and my husband and I thank God.  I may not be the best at recording everything as perfectly as I would like to, but I have memories that will last a lifetime!

All this to say that so much has happened over the past month and just last week, an emergency back surgery for my hubby topped it off.  My hubby has a very physical job and because of that his body takes a lot of abuse, it just comes with the territory.  We praise God because it seems like the surgery was successful but he's got a long recovery ahead.  My hubby is such a huge help at home and truth be told, he can do most everything around the house better than me!  However, now that he's recovering from his surgery, he has to rest a lot and can't lift anything.  Therefore I will be spending a lot more time preparing meals, cleaning the house, taking both kiddos with me on shopping trips & errands, and other things that I'm not used to doing all alone.  Times like this are always such a great reminder of how blessed I am to have such an involved husband and it renews my compassion for single mothers. 

And so I can remember a few snapshots of life this spring, here's a glimpse of what we've done recently...

Family trip to our cabin in Pinetop (and another chance to meet up with Nathan's birth-mom!)

8th Annual CFCA Brunch & Fashion Show to raise support for adoptions & foster kids.
4 Generations of my family

My brother is in the Navy and just returned from Iraq a few months ago.  He lives in Virginia but had a quick stopover in Scottsdale so we got to see him and he met Nathan for the first time!

Lunch at The Farm at South Mountain - what a cool place to enjoy lunch when the weather is not too hot! 

We had Nathan dedicated at our church as we promised to raise him in a Christ-centered home to the best of our abilities.  We'll make too many mistakes to count but we have friends & family to support us in this!

Nathan turned 5 months old!  I know I'm biased but this truly is the cutest little boy I've ever seen!

And Kylie performed in her first ever gymnastics showcase - what a proud momma she makes me!!!

1 comment:

The Lenning Family said...

That was a beautiful post Becca..you're an amazing wife, mommy and friend. We can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. :)