Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Christmas Card Time...Are You Ready!?!

Time to hold your breath for what I'm about to tell you . . . Christmas is only seven weeks away!  That means there are only seven Saturdays left to do all the decorating, shopping, wrapping, inviting, partying, plus celebrate Thanksgiving in there too! 

I get nervous as I write this because we will potentially have a new baby in our home in the next few weeks and that will only add to the craziness of our holidays, but I say bring it on :)

One of my favorites things that signals the start of the holidays is going to the mailbox and opening the first Christmas card.  It reminds me that Christmas really is just around the corner and it's like opening Christmas gifts every day at the mailbox.  I love seeing pictures of friends, and reading updates of friends that we only see a few times a year.  I love watching babies grow into big kids and new babies added.  I actually scrapbook Christmas cards every year so we can chronicle our friend lives across the years.  I especially love going through all our family pictures from the year and choosing the best ones to make our Christmas card.  So many things to love about Christmas season, especially the small but meaningful thing like cards.

Thankfully there are several photo sites out there that make creating Christmas cards really easy, including one of my favorites, Shutterfly.   There are so many options for greeting cards, for example the great selection of traditional religious cards that remind me of why we celebrate Christmas.  I'm loving the Faith, Love, Family.  Or the oh so stylish holiday photo cards where you choose the size, style, fold, and design.  How cute is the Candy Cane Stripes!?! 

And while you are at it, did you know that you can create party invitations and gift tags at Shutterfly?  I never saw these options before but I will definitely keep these in mind.  They might not be as inexpensive as what you picked up at last year's after-Christmas sale, but the gift tags would look super cute if you are one of those people that likes all your gifts under the tree to look the same like the magazines!  (I'm jealous of you that can actually pull that off!)  These gift tags are my favorite :)

It looks like most of the cards start at $0.32 each and the gift tags are $0.50 each, but I'm sure there will be some great money saving codes coming around.  There's no reason to spend a ton of money on cards so just be patient and know which picture you want to use so when the right money saving offer comes up, you can just download your picture and be done.  I'm all about getting the best things available but only paying a fraction of the price, and sharing the deal with you is why I love blogging so much! 

And I'll be sure to share my finished Shutterfly Christmas card with you once I complete it.  We're praying that we have a bigger family picture on our card this year so stay tuned for that...

No comments: