Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bargain Hunting 101

After encouragement from friends regarding the great bargains I come across, and how much enjoyment I receive in sharing those deals with friends, I have decided to make this blog about the amazing things the Lord does in our family including my ability to save our family money! I first need to let you know upfront that most of my bargains come from other blogs, so many of the deals will be links to their sites. If you have any specific questions about any of the deals or you find any great bargains yourself, I would love it if you send them to me so I can include them and give credit! So this blog will be posts of what the Holt family is up to as well as great deals that I want everyone to take advantage of!

CVS Drugstore has been an enormous blessing in our pocketbooks and it has even become a fun hobby for me now! It took me several weeks to truly understand how to "play the game" but my savings in 2008 made it all worth it! Eric loves to tell people my final savings of 2008..... I "bought" $1762 worth of merchandise and I paid just $61. That's a savings of 97%!!! I can't hardly believe it when I look at all the household goods that I've been able to purchase and the incredible savings that God has provided! So, I'll slowly try to help you understand how I've saved this much money and I hope that bargain hunting becomes as fun for you too! Moneysavingmon gives a great intro into how to start out using cvs. You can check out her link here and another link here. Also, I still have lots to learn about blogging, so please bear with me as I learn to link and make this site easier for you!

Here are some of my favorite blogs that I check daily for great deals:
www.moneysavingmom.com
www.moneysavingmethods.blogspot.com
www.commonsensewithmoney.com
www.lifeasmom.com
www.thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com
www.kingdomfirstmom.com
www.gooddealgal.blogspot.com

There are also a few retail sites that offer great deals on a daily basis:
www.shnoop.com
www.babysteals.com


Lastly, these websites are forums where members go and post great deals that they fine. I have found this to be a wonderful source of upcoming deals and tips. You can even do a search if you're looking for something specific, for example deals on contact lenses.
baby bargains
Terri's board

Have fun saving money!

1 comment:

The D's said...

ROCK ON, BECCA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo for you!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to learn everything you know about saving money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for doing this!