Saturday, September 12, 2009

Adoption Update - Home Study Complete!


I apologize for the limited postings the past few days. We've been finishing up the final steps of our home-study for our adoption and it seems like so many things that we have to finish, specifically our "Dear Birthparent" letter. We are very excited that the "administrative process" is now complete and once we finish our letter, it is entirely out of our hands. For those of you that have joined us recently, my husband and I decided to move forward with adoption in April due to circumstances surrounding my Crohn's disease - see my previous post here. We're using Christian Family Care Agency and love that we get to approach this event with a Christ centered organization - there is such a peace about that!

God is certainly teaching me to rely entirely on him as there is absolutely nothing that anyone of us can do to influence the timing from here on. I'm such a planner and like everything in life to be organized so God's definitely got a sense of humor putting our family on this track! All we can do is pray for our birth-parents and pray for our child and wait for a phone call from our case worker. It's such a comfort to know that the Lord already has our child chosen and we can't wait to meet him or her. My 3 year old is so excited to have a sibling and talks about it all the time. In fact, when our case worker left on Thursday, Kylie started to cry. I asked why she was crying and she responded, "Where is my baby sister?" It broke my heart because she thought that Renee was bringing our child to us at that time. Oh, the sweetness of children. No wonder they are so precious to the Lord!

We sincerely thank you for your thoughts and prayers as we go through this process and look forward to whatever is in store for us. There is no way to know how long we will wait as it could be 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 years. All we know is that we will have an infant (boy or girl) most likely from Arizona. We've got a significant amount of money to raise and we have some great fund raising ideas in store, so stay tuned as I share details. Believe me, it will be worth participating! God bless and thanks for sharing this exciting time with our family!

No comments: