Thursday, July 16, 2009

Please Pray for Kate


One of my best friends has been walking with Holly & Aaron McRae as their lives are unfolding beyond what they could have imagined. My friend grew up with Holly's family and we all now live in Arizona. About 2 weeks ago, their 5 year old daughter, Kate (pictured above), was diagnosed with an aggressive, malignant brain tumor and you can follow her story here. The McRae's have 2 other children and are in for a very long and unknown road of treatment & surgeries ahead of them. Their faith is the only thing that is keeping them above water, but I can't imagine their lives being turned upside down. The only thing that they are asking for is prayer. Now that you've "met" Kate through her picture, it will be hard to forget those beautiful eyes as you say a prayer for her.

I hate to be reminded of the important things when tragedy strikes, but I've been holding my daughter closer each night when I think of Kate. I need to be reminded that life is short and things don't go according to my plans because that is when I'm encouraged that He has better "plans for a future and a hope" for me, and I have to rest in that knowledge. Thank you for your prayers.

3 comments:

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

i am just a friendly reader of your blog. i too have a close friend that has been through all this with her daughter. she is the nicest person i know. if your friend would like someone to talk to that knows how she feels let me know and I can pass on my friends' email. we too live in Az.
thanks
kristi

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've seen Kate's story on a lot of blogs this week and wanted to share some blogs/businesses that are auctioning of various services and products to raise money for Kate's family.

Here are some of the items and links for the auction for Kate:

To bid on a Family Photo session: http://livelovephotography.blogspot.com/2009/07/auction-for-kate.html

To bid on a Custom Party Package (invitations, thank you cards, etc.): http://tomkatstudio.blogspot.com/2009/07/kate-mcrae-party-package-auction-bid.html

To bid on a Onesie, Headband, booties and diaper wipes traveling case: http://dolcedomestic.blogspot.com/2009/07/silent-auction-to-benefit-mcrae-family.html

Amy

Becca said...

Kristi,

Thank you so much for the offer to put your friend in contact with Holly. I spoke with my friend and she said the best way to encourage her right now is to leave a message on her CaringBridge website. (The website link is on the post.)

I can only imagine the pain that she is feeling so to hear from someone that has been thru it has to mean a lot!

Sincerely,
Becca