Monday, July 13, 2009

My Birthday Weekend



This weekend, I finally had the chance to celebrate my 30th birthday with my best girlfriends (even though the celebration was 3 months late). I'm so richly blessed to have wonderful friends in my life and I thank the Lord for each of you! We spent the night at an amazing resort here in Phoenix and just got to hang out and be girls for the weekend. It was such a nice change to leave the kids at home or with sitters and remember what it's like to not be attached to a diaper bag and have children in hand at all times. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being a mom and wouldn't trade it for anything, but every once in a while, it's nice to remember that we are women first and adult time is so important!!!

We spent all day Saturday laying around the pool drinking adult beverages and catching up on life. How nice it was to have a full conversation without being interrupted every 30 seconds! Even though it was 114 degrees, sitting in the pool and under umbrellas made it so enjoyable we didn't notice how hot it really was! I think we also realized how important it is to schedule these mom only occasions into our life, otherwise they will never happen on their own.

On Saturday night, several more friends were able to join us for dinner! We enjoyed cupcakes in the hotel room and then a yummy dinner at Abuelos Mexican restaurant. Thanks for making this party so memorable and I will remember this birthday forever!

What a HOT group of moms!

1 comment:

The Riley's said...

Sooo much fun...could you have a birthday more often;)
Sorry I ruined the group pic with a goofy face - so typical of me, right. Had a blast and we must make time to take "Mommy time-outs" more often!