Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Freedom of Choice Act

As a woman, mother, and a Christ-follower, I feel that one of my greatest responsibilites on this earth is to protect my family and children from harm. Especially now, as our family begins to embark on the journey of adoption, I am even more passionate about preserving a society that is dedicated to protecting life rather than destroying it. I feel very strongly that life is the single most precious gift that we are given on Earth and when someone or something threatens to take that away, I will voice my opinion and do whatever I'm able to do. I thank God every day that He did not choose me to judge people's actions, and I truly desire to never put someone in a place where they feel I am judging them, however I do feel that He has called His children to speak up for what is right. There has never been a more crucial time in our country's history than now to do this.

If you agree and feel like you want to make a difference using the methods our founding fathers so victoriously fought for, there is something you can do to prevent your tax dollars from funding abortions. Below is a letter that shows what has been accomplished thus far, and what you can continue to do. It literally takes less than 15 seconds and I beg you to click on the link at the bottom of the below letter:

As you may have heard, Congress has not yet introduced the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA). That's because the pro-abortion forces have heard your voice. Planned Parenhood President Cecile Richards told the Wall Street Journal:

We're going to be smart and strategic about our policy agenda to bring people together to make progress for women's health. The Freedom of Choice Act is very important . . . but we have a long list of things to get done that I think can address problems immediately that women are facing, that are really immediate concerns.

In other words, because of the more than 650,000 people like you who have stood up to Fight FOCA, pro-abortion forces are focusing on another tactic for now -- FOCA-by-Stealth.
They want to try to pass pieces of FOCA under your nose. The first target is your pocketbook.
The top priority for Planned Parenthood and their pro-abortion allies is to repeal the laws that prohibit federal funding of abortion. Often called pro-life "riders," the pro-abortion forces want House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to eliminate them and start using our tax dollars to pay for abortion-on-demand . . . nationwide.
Thankfully, a bi-partisan group of Members of Congress are standing up to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Cecile Richards of Planned Parenthood (who used to work for Speaker Pelosi). A letter to Speaker Pelosi written by Republican Congressman Jim Jordan of Ohio and Democrat Congressman Heath Schuler of North Carolina is being circulated for signatures by Members of Congress.
Please ask your member of Congress to sign the Jordan/Schuler letter.
Just click this link.

No comments: