Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

I've never been a big fan of Halloween.  I know that 99% of people that celebrate it do it for pure fun and enjoyment for the kids, but I've done enough research on halloween and what the remaining 1% do on that day, and I am still unsettled about participating.  Having said that, until my kids are old enough to make their own decisions, we will participate in the fun Halloween activites. 

Kylie started out as a princess in the costume parade at her school.  It was amazing (but not surprising) that all of her besties ended up being princesses that day :)  I sure hope these girls stay close friends as they grow up!

The kids then came back to the classroom where they made paper pumpkins, played BINGO, listened to stories, danced the monster mash, and ate yummy graveyard pudding cups :)

Later that evening we spent time at my mom's house with some friends she had that were visiting from Africa.  Kylie quickly assumed the role as the door greeter and positioned herself right between the Snickers and the PlayDough - smart girl :)

My grandparents also came to dinner and got to see the kids all dressed up.  Here's a picture of my daughter, me, my mom and my grandma.  What a blessing to have such a legacy!

Can you tell that this girl loves her brother!?!

I am such a blessed momma!

Hope that everyone else had a blessed Halloween also :)

No comments: