Friday, November 25, 2011

Favorite iPhone Apps and $25 for $50 Credit at Verizon Stores


Last week my phone officially bit the dust.  I have had it for over 2 years and it was continually turning off on me in the middle of conversations and while in my purse.  It wasn't cutting it anymore for my personal life and it certainly wasn't helping my professional life either!

Neither my husband or I have ever been into electronics very much and most of the time we get the cheapest phone that just makes phone calls.  We do our research and get the one with the best reviews that will last the longest that costs the least.  It's normally the basic features, only comes in one color, back corner of the store where the simple phones are sort of phone.  When Nathan was born, we actually upgraded to a phone that would send & receive text messages so we could communicate with his birth-mom and we felt like a whole new world opened up to us! 

On Tuesday, after doing my research and polling every friend I know with a smartphone, I bought the new iPhone 4s and I love it!!!  I am so excited to learn how to use it most effectively and find apps that will make my life easier, especially the bargain shopping part of my life :)  Unfortunately from what I learned, Apple doesn't really put their phones on sale, ever, so the only discount I got was my 2 year upgrade credit offered through Verizon.  Not a huge savings but every dollar helps. 

Buying a phone like this initially didn't seem like a need for our family, but after looking at all the benefits and weighing the cost with how it would significantly benefit my business plus save me time and money in other ways, we tweaked the budget and made it work.  Plus, now my Christmas gift is taken care of which leaves one less thing for the hubby to think about!

One thing that I learned with an iPhone is that you virtually have to buy a case to protect it.  I checked Amazon and WalMart and found that it would cost about $15 to buy a good case with a screen protector.  I also needed a car charger which looked to run about $10.  So you can imagine how excited I was when I saw today's Living Social deal for $25 for a $50 credit at Verizon Wireless for phones or accessories!  I have some credit with Living Social so it ended up costing me less to buy the $50 credit than it would to just buy the case!  Yippee :) 

Now it's time for you to share  - what are your favorite smartphone apps?

No comments: