Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Week at the Cabin & Visit with Birthmom

Last week, we had the opportunity to spend 5 days at our family cabin in Pinetop getting out of the heat and enjoying our family.  I am so thankful to have a place like this where we can get out of town and relax in the middle of the trees and slow down our normally crazy pace of life. 

My hubby's parents bought the land where the cabin now sits over 30 years ago and built it by hand.  It is such a relaxing and fun getaway and we are so blessed to have a place like this to escape that doesn't cost a fortune!

It's also a double blessing that Nathan's birthmom lives in Pinetop so each time we visit we get to catch up with her.  This trip was actually planned to attend a graduation party for 4 of birthmom's cousins.  I can't even begin to describe how blessed and fortunate we are to have the open relationship we do with birthmom and her family.  They have continued to open their hearts and homes up to us and we all consider each other to be extended family now. 

This is the 4th time that we have seen Birthmom since Nathan was born and my heart is so happy that she wants to see Nathan and enjoys interacting with him.  If it wasn't me in this situation, I think I could be intimidated that she wants to play with him so much but I feel so thankful that she wants to have a relationship with him as I know so many others don't have this opportunity for their kiddos.  It's amazing to know that the Lord specifically planned out each of our lives and to know that this is His plan for now is such a blessing!




No comments: