Saturday, January 8, 2011

Organic Canned Pumpkin for just $1.13 each

Farmer's Market Foods Organic Canned Pumpkin, 15-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
I'm a sucker for anything sweet.  Ask anyone that knows me well and they will tell you that sweets are my weakness . . . I'm not ashamed of it :)  One of my favorite sweets is baked goods with yummy pumpkin, so Thanksgiving & Christmas celebrations with pumpkin pie is always a winner for me!

Right now on Amazon, you can get Farmer's Market Foods Organic Canned Pumpkin for only $1.13 each when you buy a case of 12.  Normally this is $16 but when you sign up for Subscribe & Save (at no cost) you will save an additional 15% making the total cost $13.60.  With Subscribe & Save, shipping is always free and you can cancel anytime and there are no obligations.  I made my purchase and then canceled after receiving my first shipment.  So simple & no hoops to jump through!

I plan to make a lot of these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip muffins :)  I make them mini size and freeze half the batch in ziplock bags.  They keep for a long time and are a great thing for mornings when we want something different than cereal or oatmeal.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins4 eggs (I used 2 eggs and 2T. flax seed w/water)
2 cups sugar (I used 1 c. sugar and 2/3 c. agave nectar)
1 (16 oz.) can pureed pumpkin (I used 2 c. fresh pumpkin puree)
1 1/2 cups oil (I used 1/2 c. oil and 1 c. applesauce)
3 cups flour (I used 2 c. wheat and 1 c. white)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used 1TB., maybe more... I don't remember. Love the stuff!!)
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips (I used mini-chocolate chips)
In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 16-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 24-30 muffins.

Thanks again for the modifications in green Good Deal Gal!

No comments: