Monday, October 19, 2009

Another season of ballet for Kylie


Since the weather is still too hot to be outside for most of the day, I once again enrolled Kylie in ballet lessons thru the Phoenix Parks & Rec program. We've participated in several of these classes and I've since met one of my new dear friends and fellow bloggers, Rachael (a.k.a The Good Deal Gal).

Kylie and her daughter have become the best of friends and we're even doing a home-school preschool together once a week. Let me correct myself - Rachael has been doing the preschool program and I just sit and watch with the 3 year olds. She is amazing at the activities she comes up with and Kylie is learning so much!

Back to ballet again! This is the 4th ballet class that Kylie has taken with Ms. Suzie and every session I wonder if I should do it again. Honestly I started it because I thought my daughter would look adorable in those little tutus and there is no doubt about that! (In face, my friend actually makes the most adorable tutus and you can check out her website Juju's Tutus.) The problem is every session I find myself frustrated that Kylie doesn't get it. That's when I have to remind myself that she is only 3 years old and that none of the kids get it right - this class is supposed to be fun for her! And then I have so much more fun watching her be a cute 3 year old in a tutu!

This parenting thing continues to stretch me more and more as the days go on, but it is the greatest job on earth and I would never change it for the world. I'm so blessed to have this wonderful child that the Lord has given us and I pray that more children will be in our family in the near future with our adoption!

No comments: