Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Another Summer of Swim Lessons

You might recall that Kylie's swim lesson experience last summer was a bit of a disaster. So I hope you understand my hesitation to explore the possibility again this year. I'm so glad I went with my instinct and got her signed up for semi-private lessons with an amazing instructor, Mrs. Stacey! Mrs. Stacey teaches out of her backyard pool and even better, Kylie shares her lesson with one of her best friends, Shay. The progress she's made in just 4 lessons is amazing and Kylie even volunteered to put her face in the water all by herself this week! Mrs Stacey has a rule that if you say "I don't want to put my face in the water," that's one more time that you do have to put your face in the water during lessons. Kylie learned really quick not to tell Mrs. Stacey that she didn't want to do that!

If you're interested in contact info for our teacher, email me and I'll put you in contact with her! She lives in the North Phoenix area near the loop 101 & Cave Creek Rd. We are confident that Kylie will be super comfortable around water at the end of her lessons! One more session and she could be swimming this summer. Here's a few photos of Kylie's great experience thus far!

Are you sure this kick-board will hold me, mom?


Kick, kick, kick...

Kylie & Shay with Mrs. Stacey

No comments: