Saturday, April 11, 2009

30 years old!

The day after we returned from LA, I had the privilege of celebrating my 30th birthday with my amazing husband and precious daughter. The Lord gave me such relief that day and I had more energy than I knew what to do with! I was expecting this birthday to be a big deal for some reason, but it was such a relaxing day I wouldn't have changed a thing! If you missed my earlier post on birthday freebies here, I did and am still doing my share of them!

Oh, and I almost forgot one of the best parts of the day! I recently decided that I wanted to learn photography for fun to capture the parts of my life that are so wonderful. I wanted a hobby that I could get really good at that wasn't too expensive and that I truly enjoyed. It's been so fun to learn from one of my best friends, Erin McFarland, who is an amazing friend and inspiring photographer. I decided to start saving for a nice camera that I could buy second hand and upgrade as I was able. Well, my sneaky husband surprised me and found an amazing camera on Craigslist for an even more amazing price and this is my birthday present - a new Nikon D70!!! I love it so much and will be learning how to use it until I'm too old to take photos! If you have any suggestions, tips, or resources for where to learn stuff, I would love to know everything possible!!!
Thanks for sharing and here are some pictures of our special day!

Stuffing our faces with free Krispy Kreme donughts


A happy visit to the Easter Bunny


Blowing out the candles with my number one girl


Kylie and Great Grandpa Peter

No comments: