Sunday, January 6, 2008

Welcome home 2008

On New Year's Eve, we decided to "hire" our parents and let Kylie have a night out alone without us. Well, I guess maybe it was the other way around, but we had a wonderful time remembering what it was like to have a full day and night and morning
So, we rang in the new year with great friends at Amy & Andrew Price's home. Boy can they throw a party! There were more yummy appetizers and food there than we've had in a long time! Thanks for such a great night guys! We played games and at 11:55 finally decided to turn on the tv and ring in the new year. Just a note, wasn't it sad to watch Dick Clark after his stroke, my heart broke when I saw it! The guys decided to go outside in the blistering cold & wind and try their hand at some fireworks. (Leave it to the Fire Fighter and soon-to-be-firefighter to play with fire outside on a windy night :0)


Jackie, Me, & Amy

After going home a few hours later when the poker game ended, we slept until 10 the next morning and then got so much done!
without a child in the house. We dropped her off at lunch and she stayed with the grandparents until the next evening!!! Please don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my life today for anything, but it was pretty wierd when Eric and I walked back into our house with Kylie and looked at each other to say "what do we do now?!?" And I'm not sure who had more fun with this arrangement, Kylie, the grandparents, or us?!?!?! I think we are going to try to make this a more consistent activity because we all had a great time and we realized how nice it was to have that break, as much as we love our baby girl.



Fireworks in the midnight sky

Our prayer is that 2008 will bring happiness and contentment to each of us and that God will continue to shower his blessings upon us as he has continually done. It's so easy to look back and say I wish I could have changed this or that, or I wish this had worked out differently, but I read a really awesome blurb from Beth Moore the other night from her book "Get Out of That Pit." She and her husband were discussing life and his comment was, "I wonder what I would have been like if I hadn't had XYZ happen, and done this or that" and I love the response that Beth gave, "Honey, you're a much neater person HEALED than you would have been well." I love the perspective that any of us could be "fine" with "normal" life circumstances, but the Lord loves us enough to give us trials that make us 10 times neater than fine! Is that not the coolest thing! Happy New Year :)

2 comments:

The D's said...

Becca,

Your blog just shined even more joy on my morning! Super encouraging!

Hugs!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.