Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Target Coupon Policy


I've had several questions regarding Target's coupon policy, so I thought I would share it with everyone. Unfortunately Target is one retailer where I have had one too many bad experiences with their cashiers and coupons. Therefore, I avoid the store pretty much at all cost unless the deal is so totally awesome that I couldn't find anyplace else. Most of the time, the cashiers don't even know their own policy and I would rather not waste my time informing them of what their job description entails.

Here is Target's coupon policy (thanks to the Good Deal Gal). I print this out and keep it with my coupons so that when issues arise, I can show them their own policy! These are in my opinion the most important clarifications:
* We accept one manufacturer coupon and one target coupon for the same item.
* We can't give cash back if the coupon is worth more than the item, so we'll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

If you have problems next time you shop at Target, calmly but confidently show them their own policy. If they still won't honor your coupons, ask for a manager to remedy the situation. If that still doesn't work, take your list and coupons to Wally world and maybe someday Target will teach it's cashiers how to honor coupons. Hope this helps!

No comments: